Reporter & Digital Belize – News Flash
Subscribe To News Alerts
Bookmark This Pages
Community Info db
Main Page dbl Home
Thursday Aug. 13th. -
BDF Announce 1st. Case Of COVID-19 On Base
- The Belize Defence Force has just issued a press release confirming reports that the force has recorded its first case of COVID-19. According to the release the officer is asymptomatic and is currently isolated at home.
PDF of BDF Statement
Thursday August 13th. - More gripping results that came out late last night puts our COVID-19 status in an even more worrisome situation with 86 new infections.
Wednesday Aug. 12th. -
Belize Coast Guard Caught COVID-19 In San Pedro
- The Reporter has confirmed with official sources that the Belize Coast Guard has registered its first COVID-19 case. We were told that the test results were received late last night and that contact tracing has already commenced. According to sources, it is believed that the male Coast Guard Officer had contracted the virus in San Pedro. The BCG is expected to issue a press release later today with the full details. We will keep you posted on this developing story.
Wednesday, Aug. 12th. -
Punta Gorda Man In Hospital After Loosing Machette Fight He Started
- One man is reportedly in a critical condition while another has been detained by police following a chopping incident yesterday evening in Punta Gorda Town. The incident has left Derick Arnold 38, hospitalized at the Punta Gorda Hospital, with chop wounds to his left hand, left finger, right shoulder, and his forehead. - Details released by police is that sometime after 2:30 pm, yesterday, Arnold was riding his bicycle, armed with a machete behind his baby mother, who was walking with another man on Front Street near the seaside. - Police say that Arnold dismounted from off his bicycle and allegedly attacked the man with the machete. A fight ensued between both men which ended when the accused took away the machete from Arnold and inflicted the injuries to him.
Wednesday Aug. 12th. - Despite the alarming number of COVID-19 cases that have been detected over the past few days, the Commissioner of Police Chester Williams noted that there are still persons that are refusing to properly wear a face mask.
Last Night he posted this message on his personal Facebook page. "I drove around the city tonight and the amount of people I had to tell to put on their mask or to wear it properly is no joke. I could have easily arrested over 100 persons. I cannot understand why some of us just don't listen or don't give a darn. What will it take for them to understand the severity of this virus and the importance of wearing a mouth and nose covering?
Tuesday Aug. 11th. 9.05pm -
MOH Says 33 Additional COVID-19 Cases Detected Today.
- This is our data for today, a total of 84 samples have been processed, the last remaining batch will be processed throughout the night. We have a total of 33 positive cases with the breakdown as follows
- 31 cases in San Pedro (related to the three active clusters)
- 1 case in Belize City (related to a previously identified cases in Belmopan)
- 1 case in Belmopan (related to a previously identified case in Belmopan).
Tuesday Aug. 11th. -
2 Employees @ Belmopan Medical Staff Are Positive COVID-19 - Baffled because they took all necessary precautions
- The Belmopan Medical Center has just issued a release informing the public that two additional staff members have tested positive for COVID-19. According to the press release both patients including registered pharmacist Elroy S. Franco and lab technician Jeser N. Leon have agreed to release their names to the public. The release went on to say that the results were released last night and that both patients recollect having practiced proper hygiene and etiquette while they were serving customers at the facility. In total three employees of the Belmopan Medical Center have tested positive for COVID-19.
Monday Aug. 10th. -
Ministry of Health Updates on Activities Related to Three Clusters of COVID-19 Cases
The Ministry of Health continues its mapping and contact tracing exercises as it aims to identify and contain the current spread of COVID-19 cases. - As documented before, the island of Ambergris Caye and specifically San Pedro Town is experiencing ongoing community spread of the disease. While it remains unclear where the actual source of the current infections came from, for practical purposes the following three clusters are being followed closely now:
Ministry of Health COVID-19 UPDATE Aug. 10th. PDF
Monday Aug. 10th.
More than 49,000 persons have applied to benefit from phase II of the Government's Unemployment Relief Program,
which opened last week for applications. - Co-chair of the National COVID-19 Task Force, Dr Carla Barnett said this afternoon that beneficiaries will start to receive the funds by the beginning of next week at the latest. - Meanwhile, the Belize Trade and Investment Development Service (BELTRAIDE) which is responsible for the Micro-Small-Medium-Enterprise aspect of the program, is also now taking applications for grants and loans. - Head of that MSME program, Dr Leroy Almendarez said that there are two forms being used for the MSME program: one for the micro-enterprises that have between two and four employees that can apply for grants, while the small and medium enterprises can apply for loans at fixed interest rates of 3%. The deadline to apply is August 21st.
Serving Belize since 1967
Subscribe To News Alerts
Automated: News Feed from-Reporter Newspaper
Designed & Powered by CSYGEN INTERACTIVE